Alpha is a worldwide phenomenon. It’s found in over 169 countries. It’s run in tens of thousands of schools, prisons, homes, and churches of all denominations. It’s given more than 19.6 million people the opportunity to explore the meaning of life. Perhaps it’s just what you’re looking for!
If you have any questions about an Alpha course, please contact the church office, talk to someone at the Welcome Center, or contact the coordinator, Steve OKeefe at 781.826.7110 or email@example.com .
About the Alpha Course:
The Alpha course covers the basics of Christianity. It answers questions like: Who is Jesus?, and Why did He die? The Alpha course usually lasts 10 weeks, with a day or weekend getaway in the middle. Each week, guests gather for about two hours. They share an informal dessert, listen to a talk on how Christianity approaches the question at hand, then gather into small groups for discussion. The talks each week act as a springboard for small group discussions. Alpha guests explore Christianity in a relaxed, welcoming, and engaging atmosphere.
Each session explores a particular question:
- Is there more to life than this?
- Week 1: Who is Jesus?
- Week 2: Why did Jesus die?
- Week 3: How can we have faith?
- Week 4: Why and how do I pray?
- Week 5: Why and how should I read the Bible?
- Week 6: How does God guide us?
- Week 7: How can I resist evil?
- Week 8: Why & how should we tell others?
- Week 9: Does God heal today?
- Week 10: What about the Church?
- Weekend Who is the Holy Spirit?